Board Stats

• stats Total de Usuarios: 22307
  • stats Total de Mensajes: 105582
  • stats Total de Temas: 10011
  • stats Total de Categorías: 15
  • stats Total de Foros: 73
  • stats Máx. usuarios conectados (simultáneamente): 818

Ultimo registro

Autor Tema: Windows Subsystem for Linux Distribution Switcher  (Leído 57 veces)

Desconectado maripuri

• Master
  • Usuario
  • Mari
    • WirelessWindows
Windows Subsystem for Linux Distribution Switcher
« en: Enero 11, 2018, 12:05:50 pm »

https://s25.postimg.org/5f2aszx3j/switch.png
Windows Subsystem for Linux Distribution Switcher

Herramienta para cambiar de distribución en Windows subsistema para linux..   

Ahora puedes tener distintas distribuciones instaladas bajo WSL a la vez y cambiar entre ellas.

Switching the distribution behind the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Ever since the Windows Subsystem for Linux was announced, the one thing that was bugging me is that it is running an older version of Ubuntu. It wasn't only me, the eighth issue opened on the project's issue tracker is about the ability to switch to an alternate distribution. Shortly after, a tutorial popped up for installing Fedora on WSL. While this worked, I only tried it in a virtual machine, as I could not afford upgrading to Insider Preview on my main machine at the time. As a result, I did not end up experimenting as much as I'd liked.
With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, the Linux subsystem finally shipped with the stable version of the operating system, and I could begin the experimentation.
After some research on WSL, it seems that the rootfs directory contains the distribution files, while the /home, /root and similar directories are stored separately. This setup is perfect for a scenario where I'd like to seamlessly switch between the distributions, persisting my dotfiles and miscellaneous files in the home directories.
This blog post aims to present my thought process throughout the solving of this issue while also explaining a few design decisions on the way. If you're only interested in how to use the the final product, I suggest reading the project's readme instead.

Sorry, you are not allowed to see this part of the text. Por favor ingresa o regístrate.
    /   RoliSoft
Sorry, you are not allowed to see this part of the text. Por favor ingresa o regístrate.
     /    GitHub

No preguntes sobre temas del foro por privado, participa en el.